ASUU Student Child Care Program is proud to host a monthly advisory board during Spring and Fall semesters. As ASUU Child Care was developed by students for students, we value the input and opinions that our student parents have to offer. The committee also includes valued partners that support our program including representivtives from the Associated Students of the University of Utah (ASUU), the office of then Dean of Students, the Center for Child Care and Family Resources, the Women's Resource Center, the Office of Risk Management, and the Child and Family Development Center.
Parents receive free child care during meetings and a $10 credit to their account for attending. Recipients of the CCAMPIS subsidy, school life scholarship, or middle income scholarship can attend meetings for 1 hour of volunteer time.
- Assess student child care needs and set monthly and semester activity goals
- Develop a non-profit financial plan with oversight and reporting guidelines
- Clarify program services and administrative guidelines between ASUU, the ASUU Center and the Child Care Coordinating Office
- Define opportunities for teacher training, internships and research that would benefit the University
- Identify the philosophical framework that will guide the development of the classroom environment, curriculum program and assessment tools
- Development of a proposal to use for the solicitation of program partnerships and endowment funding